But truth is, it isn't the right thinking. We are just too blinded when it comes to love / like / admire. Aren't we constantly seeking what we desire. Think about it: What defines "right person"? What you like? I don't think so!
Now since it doesn't work out, it's best to start off with what God desires for us. And for that we have to trust God and build on our own character. Instead of being a sitting duck. Start to build your character as the foundation of your love.
What are those characters? We could find them in 1 Corinthians 13 : 4 - 7
3. NOT jealous / boastful / proud / rude
4. DOES NOT demand its own way
5. Keeps no record of being wronged
6. DOES NOT rejoice about injustice, BUT rejoices whenever the truth wins out
7. Never gives up
8. Never loses faith
9. Always hopeful
10. Endures through every circumstances
Build your character right and then