A Warm Welcome

A warm welcome to all the readers. Hope you find this blog inspiring, encouraging and mind-changing.
Look out for any new post... ~ Since 19/02/11
~

Monday, July 4, 2011

In Pain?

And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested. - 1 Chronicles 4 : 10

How would you feel if your name means "PAIN"? That must be tough on Jabez ever since he was born. Branded as "the one who brings pain", nobody would ever wanted that. Despised, looked down, and I think he might get bullied by his classmates.

But Jabez was never been brought down by the situation. In verse 9 it says that Jabez was more honorable than any of his brother.

How did he do that? There are two verses that told us about the whole life of Jabez. Yet in the entire verse 10, it only tells us about his prayer.

He is a prayer warrior indeed. Look at his prayer, he asked for 4 things:
1. Bless me
He can't expect blessing from other people. Remember, they hated him. God's blessing will always be his comfort.
2. Enlarge my territory
This doesn't necessarily mean his land, but his heart & his attitude as well.
3. Be with me
 He is asking for God's protection, strength, and sufficiency.
4. Keep me from evil
 He's in a situation where he could have hated everyone, but he didn't. He asked God to help him go through every temptations.

All those prayer only with one purpose, so that he will not cause pain. And God just granted what he asked for.

So, my question is: "Have you prayed like Jabez today? A Prayer that comes from the bottom of your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment